Sunday, June 15, 2003


Father's Day

happy father's day to all who deserve the status. one of the best things about being a father for me is that when my first daughter was born, it was the first time in my life that i had to think about someone else besides myself. I was forced to be less selfish...it has been a battle ever since. putting others first is still a struggle. the thing about my kids is that it leaves me no choice -- in order to take care of them they way they need to be taken care of requires that i do things that i really don't "want" to do. things that are inconvenient, things when i am tired, things when i really feel particularly selfish, etc.

i hope that, through my kids, i am able to see all people as my children -- doing for them before doing for myself.

big hug to all

No comments: